Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to my Blog!

Hello and Welcome,

My name is Gabriel Benaim, and I'm a fine art photographer. I recently launched my own website, and decided I'd keep a blog to go with it, and to keep an online record of whatever else I'm interested in. In addition to photography, the visual arts and literature form a major part of my life, and I will be sharing and documenting here some of those interests. In a previous life I was a doctoral candidate in philosophy, and there are vestiges of that life still lingering, and will probably make an appearance now and then. At the moment, the writer Guy Davenport has resurfaced as a major player in my daily reading life, and through him I'm starting to read Thoreau's and Kafka's journals. I will be periodically introducing choice aspects of Davenport's work, together with my glosses and cross-references, in an attempt to entice new readers to try this little known master. In the plans also is a brief photo-essay of my time spent with Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee last summer, when I assisted them in photographing the City of Chicago for a commisioned project. So stay tuned, and do stop by and take a look at my website, www.gabrielbenaim.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment